The Clive & Vera Ramaciotti Foundations
Internet link: http://www.perpetual.com.au
Establishment and Equipment Grants
Applications are invited for grants available in 2011, from groups or individuals undertaking biomedical research within universities, public hospitals, medical research institutes or other institutes approved by the Trustee. Applications are invited for two types of grants. They are: a) Establishment Grants and b) Equipment Grants. Please ensure you read the Guidelines carefully, as requirements for each grant application are different.
Complete guidelines and the online application form can be obtained from the website below. Research Grants, Administration and Funding (RGAF) advises of the following procedures in relation to submitting applications:
The Ramaciotti Foundation will only accept ONE application for each type of grant PER Department/Discipline or affiliated Research Institute.
The Grant can be used for any combination of personnel, equipment (excluding infrastructure), consumables or other expenses but not for travel. The maximum total amount is $75,000. Only one Establishment Grant application will be accepted from each Department/Discipline or affiliated Research Institute. The applicant must not have more than five years’ post-doctoral experience (PhD, MD, MS or equivalent) as at 1 January 2011. Please check the eligibility criteria in the guidelines carefully.
Applicants must be the Head of Department/Discipline or Director of the affiliated Research Institute in which the equipment is to be located. Applications may be made for a contribution of up to $75,000 towards the purchase of a single item of equipment costing $75,000 or more. Applications for contributions towards the cost of items of basic infrastructure will not be considered. A condition for the award of an equipment grant is that a matching grant of the amount requested must be provided by the host institution. A commitment from the Foundation to contribute will be subject to the full cost being raised by the applicant, including the matching grant from the host institution. Applications for funding outside of these parameters will be deemed ineligible. Preference will be given to applications for an item of equipment that will be used on various projects by two or more research groups. Only one Equipment Grant application will be accepted from each Department/Discipline or affiliated Research Institute.
Important Notes on Submission of Applications:
- To ensure that only one Establishment Grant and one Equipment Grant application is submitted from each Department/Discipline or affiliated Research Institute, please discuss with your Department/Discipline Head or Director by 1 May 2011. If the Research Grants Office receives more than one application for each type of grant from a Department/Discipline or affiliated Research Institute, RGAF will ask the Department/Discipline Head or Director of the affiliated Research Institute to select the application to go forward. Applicants for Equipment Grants must provide written confirmation from the Head of School that a matching grant of the amount requested will be provided by the host institution.
- Researchers are to complete the application on the website, save as directed by the instructions (noting your Personal Security Number), download a copy and send it to RGAF for checking by 17 May 2011. Note: Do not submit electronically at this stage. A completed Research Proposal Clearance Form must also be forwarded to RGAF.
- Having checked the application, the RGAF will notify the researcher of any amendments necessary (if any); and will advise on how to submit the final version of application.
- Applicants are not required to nominate a referee. However, the Trustee reserves the right to request a report from a referee if recommended by the Scientific Advisory Committee. Any reports would be provided in strictest confidence to the Committee.
- Researchers applying for establishment grants are advised to pay particular attention to Question E.8 "Ethical and hazardous implications of the project", noting the conditions determining whether or not you need to indicate "Yes".
- Note all budget items should be GST exclusive.
When filling out Part B of application please use the following address:
The University of Sydney
Research Grants, Administration and Funding
Jane Foss Russell Building G02
The University of Sydney NSW 2006
Phone: 8627 8113, Facsimile: 8627 8145, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This scheme is exempt from University of Sydney Indirect Cost Recovery Policy. Please see http://sydney.edu.au/research_support/funding/proposal/indirect_cost.shtml Guidelines for the completion of research applications on the RGAF webpage for more information.
If you wish to apply for these awards please contact Gab Fuller on 8627 8113 or via the email address above. More information is available from: http://www.perpetual.com.au/ramaciotti/applications.htm
Research Office Contact:
Gab Fuller on 8627 8113
17 May 2011Back