Australian National Low Emissions Coal Council (ANLEC)
Alternatives & Fundamentals Programs
Sciences & Engineering
Australian National Low Emissions Coal Research & Development (ANLEC R&D) will focus on research areas that deliver highest impact for reducing the commercial risk and validating environmental and technical performance in the following power generation technologies of interest:
- Advanced Brown Coal Technologies (ABCT)
- Carbon Dioxide Transport and Storage (CTS)
- Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC)
- Oxy-Fuel Combustion (Oxy-PF)
- Post Combustion Capture of Carbon Dioxide (PCC)
- Techno-Economic Analyses for Low Emissions Energy from Coal (TEA)
ANLEC R&D will also address:
- The near term risk reduction and technology developments necessary for successful demonstration of LECT in Australia.
- The delivery of skills, data and knowledge to assist key stakeholders understand benefits and assess the real risks associated with the deployment of CCS in Australia.
- Support for and investigation of issues affecting the performance of the early demonstration projects.
For more information including guidelines click here
Indirect cost recovery:
This scheme is exempt from University of Sydney indirect costs.
Research Office Contact:
Ziyad Hosenbux on 8627 8126
31 August 2011Back