Australian Academy of Science
Margaret Middleton Fund for endangered Australian vertebrate animals
Sciences & Engineering
Fellowships & Awards
The Margaret Middleton Fund offers support for research into the conservation biology of vertebrate animals native to Australia, with the objective of better understanding the causes of their decline and the means for their recovery.
- Preference will be given to independent research workers whose research is not funded, or is only partially funded, by a university or other institution.
- Applicants undertaking Masters and particularly PhD studies should ensure that their application identifies clearly the discreet aspect or research component of that larger study for which they are seeking funding support from this fund.
- Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of appropriate Ethics Committee approval for the research.
- Successful applicants will also be required to provide reports on the progress and final outcome of the research funded by the grant.
- Applicants should be biologists normally resident in Australia with a proven record of relevant research.
Grants of up to $15,000 are available
For more information please click here.
Indirect cost recovery:
This scheme is exempt from University of Sydney indirect costs.
Research Office Contact:
Luda Kuchieva on 8627 8106
24 August 2011Back