National Breast Cancer Foundation
Early Career Fellowship
The Early Career Fellowship will support the salary and research of outstanding new investigators with a vision to expand the scale and scope of breast cancer research in Australia. Applicants will be expected to demonstrate their potential to develop high performing teams that will produce high quality research outcomes.
The specific aims of the scheme are to:
• Develop the most outstanding and creative breast cancer researchers across the range of disciplines in biomedical, clinical, health services and public health research.
• Foster mentoring and collaboration of talented early career researchers, and facilitate integration of these new investigators into successful research teams.
• Enhance quality and foster expansion of the scale and scope of breast cancer research in Australia.
• Carry out research that is of major importance and with the potential to impact on breast cancer outcomes.
At the time of application the applicant must have at least 5 but no more than 8 years postdoctoral or equivalent experience
The maximum funding available for each Early Career Fellowship is up to $150,000 per annum over four years. The funding provided will cover:
• The salary of the Fellow (up to $100,000 per annum).
• Up to $50,000 per annum towards the research project.
Indirect cost recovery:
This scheme is exempt from University of Sydney indirect costs.
Research Office Contact:
Gab Fuller on 8627 8113
21 July 2011Back