The Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand (CSANZ)
CSANZ Research Scholarships
The Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand invites applications for research scholarships which are intended to enable CSANZ Members to undertake a period of training in research under the full-time supervision of a nominated responsible investigator. Scholarships are awarded for research into cardiovascular disease and related disorders.
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
1. be a Member of the CSANZ;
2. be a permanent resident in Australia or New Zealand;
3. research to be carried out in either Australia or New Zealand;
4. not previously been the recipient of the CSANZ Research Scholarship;
5. enrolled full-time for a PhD (or equivalent research degree) based on the work of the scholarship.
The value of the Scholarship will be equivalent to that of the NHMRC Postgraduate Scholarship (depending on the candidate’s academic qualifications). Scholarships are awarded for a maximum of one year.
The Application Form and CSANZ Instructions for Applicants can be downloaded from the CSANZ website at
http://www.csanz.edu.au/Education/ScholarshipsFellowships/tabid/90/Default.aspx and must be read in conjunction with the University of Sydney Submission Guidelines (see below).
Applications can be submitted either as hard copy or electronic copy.
If submitting by electronic copy, the application and attachments must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as a single PDF no larger than 3MB.
If submitting by hard copy, please send one original plus one copy of the application and all attachments to the Scholarships Office, Level 5, Jane Foss Russell Building, G02, The University of Sydney NSW 2006.
Please note the internal closing date of 13 September 2013.
- You must attach original or certified copy of official transcripts. The transcripts must provide an explanation of grading (usually found on the reverse side).
- Attach evidence of current professional registration, if applicable.
- Medical graduates with further clinical training must attach certified copy of proof of qualification, eg FRACP
- Attach a certified copy of proof of Australian citizenship/permanent residency
Q 3 Administering Institution
The administering institution is The University of Sydney, Scholarships Office, Jane Foss Russell Building, G02, The University of Sydney NSW 2006. The ABN is 15 211 513 464.
Q 6 Referee nominees
The two Referee reports must be attached to your application. Referees must use the report form on the CSANZ website.
Q 18 (c) and (d) Signatures
Please enter the contact details in the space provided for the following sections:
(c) Head/Nominee of Administering Institution: Ms Jordi Austin, Director, Student Support Services, The University of Sydney.
(d) Verification by Research Administrative Officer: Ms Lara Fourro, Research Scholarships Officer, Scholarships Office, The University of Sydney, Phone (02) 8627 8115, Fax: (02) 8627 8485, Email: email@example.com
The Scholarships Office will arrange these two signatures after you submit your application to the Scholarships Office. It is your responsibility though to obtain the signatures of your proposed Supervisor and Head of Department (refers to the Head of the Department or School in which you are enrolled or intend to enrol at the University of Sydney) prior to submission of your application to the Scholarships Office.
13 September 2013Back